Any organization needs to have promotional activities in order to keep up with the competition in the market or better yet to be ahead of its competitors. It is also vital that employees from the entire organization should be part of such activities
and not just from the sales department.
The company should think of this as an opportunity to strengthen the camaraderie for all employees through a contest. Having a sales contest will save you hundred of dollars from consultancy fees. Instead of paying consultants, give it to your employees as prize.
A sales announcement letter written efficiently announces and recognizes as well the achievement of the employees. It will make all the employees inspired to be creative and to excel in order to provide an excellent slogan for the products.
A sales contest announcement can be in a form of memo with a tone of a sales pitch. Having a sales contest will boost the morale of your employees because it posts a challenge among them. It will also help increase business revenue and healthy competition atmosphere. Below is a sample announcement letter of a sales contest.
November 25, 2010
1234 Narrow Road
Rainbow, PA 10987
Originating Department: Sales Department
Subject: Sales Contest
On behalf of the company, the sales department would like to invite everyone to participate in our “Slogan Contest.” Below are the mechanics:
1) Print the attached slogan form. Write a new slogan about our new products. These products are the new product lines of our companies to be launched next year.
2) The slogan must reflect the company and at the same time related to the new products. It should be catchy and has rhyme. It would be better if it can be incorporated to the company’s generic jingle. It should be less than 40 words.
3) All employees from different departments are invited to participate in this contest except from the sales department.
4) Send back to this email address the accomplished form. The last date of submission will be on December 15, 2010, 5:00 in the afternoon.
5) The panel of judges will be all the members of the board of directors. The winners will be announced on December 17, 2010 through email.
6) The winners per product will receive a cash prize.
VP for Sales