When you receive a letter saying that you will be recognized as one of the recipients of a prestigious award, it is appropriate that you reply back through a formal letter. By doing this, it shows how thankful you are and how you appreciate t
he recognition. It also shows how you respect the organization who is giving you the award. This is the opportunity as well to clarify the details about the procedure and the event.
How do you now write a letter accepting an honor? Below are tips and sample statements that could serve as your guide.
1) Start your letter by thankfully accepting the award. You have to specify what kind of award you are accepting.
I am deeply overwhelmed to learn that I was named as the Best Innovator Employee. I am honored to accept this recognition.
It is with a great pleasure and appreciation to accept the Centennial Literary Award from International Literary Organization for my autobiography book.
You may consider the following phrases:
- With sincere appreciation
- Am honored to accept this
- to learn that
- was surprised and delighted
- when I heard that I was
- with great pleasure
- Will be an honor for me to
2) If it is indicated in the letter that there will be an award ceremony, you have to indicate in your acceptance letter if you have intentions of attending the said event. Confirm your attendance and clarify the details such as the venue, date, time, and attire. You may ask also if you need to prepare something like a speech or if you need to provide any details about yourself.
This is to inform you that my family and I are happy to confirm our attendance on the awarding ceremony to be held on December 20, 2010 at 7:00 pm. Kindly let me know if you need anything from me for the said event.
I will attend the awarding ceremony on December 20, 2010 at 6:00 pm with my family.
Here are sample phrases that you might consider:
- plan to attend the
- please let me know whether
- regret that I will not be able to
- wanted to let you know that
- will be happy to
- will be out of town
- would like permission to thank
3) Close your letter by expressing how thankful you are for the honor.
Thank you once again for giving me this once in a lifetime opportunity.
I really appreciate the honor you bestowed on me.
- Below are sample phrases:
- Grateful to receive such an honor
- appreciate the recognition
- for thinking of me
- thank you for
- this unexpected recognition
Sample note of acceptance
November 26, 2010
Dear Mr. Washington,
I really felt honored after reading your letter that I have been selected will and will be awarded for the Civil Service award. I appreciate your gesture in giving me this credit and acknowledging my contributions.
As instructed by your staff, Jane and I will accept this great award at the Yellowstone Grand Ballroom on December 20, 2010. I will provide your staff with all my personal details and brief biography within this week.
Again, I wish to let you know that this is unexpected and I am truly overwhelmed by this prestigious recognition. I wish to see you all on December 20.