Letter of Correction on Tax Error

Paying taxes is one of the most important duties of a citizen, but it is also essential to pay the right taxes. But sometimes, with many people filing for new taxes most officials made mistakes without them knowing it.

If you are concerned about paying on the wrong taxes, better send a Correction Request Letter to the Government Tax Office.

A Correction Request Letter is sent if a tax official miscalculated, mistyped or forgot the necessary salary and assets information. You have to write in a brief and formal manner and be accurate about all the necessary corrections.

If you have evidence to support your claims, don’t be afraid to include the copies in your letter. Also include you tax payer number and contact information for further questions.

Here is a sample letter for a correction request:


April 01, 2011

Frederick Flores
Complaints Manager
Taxation Office
1604 Werninger Street
Houston, Texas 77006

Dear Sir,

I like you to pay attention to my tax record for the year 2009-2010. There have been many mistakes that I would like for you to act upon. First, the tax returns didn’t list me as a single father.

Second, my annual salary is $12500 and not $15200. Lastly, there are also other miscellaneous taxes that I was not even qualified for. According to my calculations, I should be paying less that what is stated on my tax returns.

Attached with this letter are the copies of important documents including my son’s birth certificate and my employment certificate. My tax number is 463-296-3458. Please look upon my older forms and act fast so that I can pay my taxes right on schedule. If you have other inquiries, please contact me at SheldonStone@radiomonthly.com or at 602-551-1425.

I hope to hear from you soon.

Truly yours,

Sheldon Stone

Bookmark and Share